Welcome to the 2020 International Powder & Bulk Solids Speaker Center, designed to help speakers plan their engagements and promote their sessions. We are thrilled you will be presenting at our event!
iPBS 2020 Conference & Expo
April 28-30, 2020
Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
5555 N. River Road
Rosemont, IL, 60018
Speaker Registration & Benefits
As a conference speaker, you receive a complimentary All Access Pass to the expo and conference – we take care of getting you registered so you don’t have to. Upon arrival, you can retrieve your Speaker Badge at the Speaker Ready Room located in Room 5. Other benefits of speaking include:
- You receive one complimentary guest pass plus an additional 20% discount for clients and colleagues (unlimited use) by using the code SPEAKER2020 in the registration portal; you can begin circulating this discount through your network straightaway. Please contact Joey Cruz at [email protected] to request a guest pass – you’ll simply need to provide the guest’s name, job title, company, phone number, and email address.
- You receive access to all onsite receptions, exhibitions, entertainment, conference lunches, and sponsored trainings.
- Your participation on faculty provides you and your company with professional exposure and is an opportunity to raise your profile within the powder and bulk solids community in the following ways:
- Your name, title, company, and biography will be featured on the iPBS 2020 event website
- A chance to have your session promoted on the iPBS website and affiliated Social Networks, such as Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook.
- Speak about your latest innovations, expertise, and company’s leadership before some of the most influential engineers and press in the field
- Your contribution will make a positive impact on the engineering community by sharing your knowledge and expertise.
1. Check your Speaker Profile for accuracy
2. Check your Session Schedule for accuracy
Important Deliverables & Deadlines
March 6th - Speaker Agreement Due - Download, review, sign, and submit the agreement. Click here to download.
March 6th - Professional Bio & Photo / Mobile Number Due - Photo should be 200x200 pixel, high-resolution preferred. Upload here.
April 17th - Presentation Slides Due. Upload here.
April 27th - Last Day to Submit Presentation Edits or Changes
April 28-30 - International Powder & Bulk Solids 2020 Conference
Conference and Center Stage Producer - Yale Deskins - [email protected] - 502-381-1640
Speaker Lead - Joey Cruz - [email protected] - 310-445-4206
Public Relations Lead - Lauren Lloyd, PR Manager - [email protected]
Presentation Requirements & Submission Instructions
ALL slide submissions MUST follow the requirements below. Speakers who fail to provide the materials correctly might not be considered for future speaking opportunities.
- Presentations must be submitted in a PDF and PPT format (contact your operations lead if this is an issue for you)
- Name the presentation file: iPBS2020_FirstFiveWordsofSessionTitle_YourLastName.pdf
- Submit your presentation here →
Standard conference session rooms will include the following:
- 1 Podium Microphone
- 1 Wired Lavalier Microphone
- 2 Tabletop Microphones
- 1 LCD Projector with VGA Switcher
- Large Projector Screen (16:9) format
- PC Laptop
Note that when conducting your presentation or participating on a panel, press may be present, including members of the Associated Press. Please be advised not to include confidential information in your discussion unless preceded by an "off the record" disclaimer.
Marketing & Pre-Show Promotion
By agreeing to speak, you have become a vital part of the conference and thus an important element of pre-event promotion. Here’s how your involvement in pre-event promotion works:
- Social Media: If you’re on social media, we hope that you’ll socialize your participation and engage with your network about your speaking engagement at our event.
- Editorial Media: If you’re willing and available, we hope that you’ll give a pre-event interview by agreeing to speak with one of our staff editors about your scope of expertise and conference session. The world wants to hear about you and how you’re influencing your industry. Don’t miss the opportunity to get extra exposure by having a professional editorial piece written about you, as this content will be made public on our media sites and potentially included in our press releases.
- Note that our marketing and editorial teams will be promoting your participation through various media channels throughout the pre-event campaign. Please be prepared to have your name and professional photo used on our marketing platforms, including website, media blogs, and social media.
Social Media Tool Kit
Please refer the social media tools below to help you engage with your network.
- Event Hashtags: #PowderShow
- Turnkey Twitter posts:
- Example 1: Excited to be speaking at the #PowderShow on April 28th! See you there…
- Example 2: #PowderShow is going to be the best yet! I’ll be speaking at the PowderShow Conference on April 29th with brand-new content on dust hazards. See you at the conference.
Conference Room Location
Upon arrival, proceed through the front entrance of the convention center and locate your Keynote or track room as follows:
- Room 1: Keynotes
- Room 1: Track A - Material Flow & Storage
- Room 2: Track B - Bulk Solids Conveying
- Room 3: Track C - Dust Collection & Safety
- Room 4: Track D - Solids Processing & Quality
Speaker Ready Room Location
To check-in and pick-up your badge, go to the Room 5. The Speaker Ready Room is for speaking faculty and event operations to discuss logistics, conduct meetings, prepare for presentations, and/or meet fellow panelists. If you need to provide us with an updated copy of your presentation, you’ll be able to find a staff member to help you here. The Speaker Ready Room is open from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM on Tuesday and Wednesday, and from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM on Thursday of the event.
Center Stage Location
The pavilion is located in the Expo Hall, Booth #3441 through the main entrance. Once there, check-in with the Theaters Operations Lead that you’ve been in touch with.
Tech Theater Location
The pavilion is located at Booth #1053 in the Expo Hall. Once there, check-in with the Theaters Operations Lead.
As a member of faculty, you’ll be provided with complimentary lunch all days of the event; buffet lunch will be served in Room 7-8 from 11:45 AM – 1:15 PM daily.
Lunch & Learns
Please contact Huxley Collin at [email protected] to confirm your Lunch & Learn meeting room ahead of the event. The following rooms are reserved for sponsored content and Lunch & Learn programs:
- Room 14
Powder Show parking is simple. The Donald E. Stephens Convention Center features two public parking garages, both connected to the center via the Rosemont Skybridge Network—an enclosed walkway also connected to three hotels (Hyatt Regency O'Hare, Hilton Rosemont, and DoubleTree Hotel O'Hare - Rosemont).
Click Here to view PDF Parking Map » (Link to website)
Hotel & Accommodations
To help you make hotel reservations, iPBS 2020 has partnered with Convention Management Resources (CMR) to offer a wide variety of hotels at the lowest rates available. Click here for more details.
The mobile app provides access to the full conference schedule, onsite activities, networking events, theater programs, and the full list of exhibitors across all co-located shows.
- Make sure to bring a copy of your presentation with you on-site.
- If you have any additional A/V request(s), contact [email protected].
- Do not include sales pitches and commercial information in your presentations. Our conferences provide educational and informative presentations. Speakers who include self-promotional content may not be considered for future speaking opportunities.
- No sales/promotional handouts are to be distributed in the conference areas (including meeting rooms). Sales literature distribution is limited to exhibitor booths only. For more information or to learn about sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, please contact Cli[email protected].