Get the go-ahead to attend International Powder & Bulk Solids Conference & Exhibition using these handy resources.
When the brightest minds across the global processing community join forces for three days in Rosemont, it's bound to be a valuable engineering event. Now it's time to show your boss.
Tip: Focus on what you'll bring back to the team to show the value beyond what you get. Keep it short but make it powerful.
Tips to Make it Happen
When crafting your plan, think about the bottom line: Why should the company budget for your trip and what's the return on the investment?
Determine the value – Show specifics on how your attendance will impact current projects, inspire knowledge, and eliminate obstacles.
Be solutions-driven – What issues pop up again and again? List exhibitors who could provide the solutions your team needs.
Provide a post-show rundown – Offer to deliver a short presentation or write-up on your key takeaways.
Plan for your absence – Whether you'll work ahead or tap a colleague to help out, explain how you'll cover your missed time.
Make it cost-effective – If three or more colleagues are attending, register the team with group discounts and offer to share a hotel room.
With more than 425 exhibiting companies, a four-track educational conference, and opportunities to network with 3,000 industry professionals, The Powder Show remains the destination for bulk solids handling & dry processing engineers who aim to stay ahead in the industry.
The reasons to attend are many, but here are five important points to make to your boss:
- Comprehensive Education – Over three days you'll choose from more than 70 technical sessions, panels, and tutorials spanning four tracks. It would take thousands of hours to compile this much information!
- Hands-on Training – It's one thing to study from afar, but quite another to put your hands to work. Take advantage of practical training by experts in the field.
- Exclusive Networking – With more than 3,000 attendees and 425 exhibitors on board, the potential for finding solutions and making lasting relationships is tremendous.
- Sourcing Suppliers – You'll get exclusive access to industry-leading suppliers that offer exactly what you need.
- Industry Expertise – The Powder Show is developed entirely by thought leaders in the powder and bulk solids processing industry, thanks to the show's Board of Advisors, an elite group of practicing engineers.
Conference Tracks At-A-Glance
With more than 70 hours of technical paper sessions, panels, and tutorials, you'll find numerous conference topics that address the specific needs of your department.
Here are some of the key industry topics the conference will cover:
One question inevitably comes up: How much will this cost? Make sure you've taken all costs into consideration and are prepared with a thoughtful answer.